Acne is a type of skin issue that generally appears in the face, chest, and back. Acne is caused by several reasons and it can be cured with the proper care and treatment. To get rid of acne, first, we need to know the root cause of that acne. Different treatment needs to be followed to treat different acne. Here are the types of acne and have also discussed some ways for acne treatment in the home with simple effort.
Types of Acne :
- Excess production of oil (sebum)
- Fungal acne
- Dead skin cells
- Ingrown hairs
1. Excess production of oil (sebum) :
Acne caused by excessive production of oil generally occurs for people of all ages. Mainly for people who are surviving in polluted areas suffer from this acne. And people with oily skin and makeup-loving beauties are also targeted with these acnes. This acne generally occurs in some larger size and sometimes causes pain. Prickling or squeezing such acne may spread and cause new acne in nearby places. So people should avoid touching or prickling acne.
Treat with :
- To treat such acne, oily skin should be treated first. Mix Multani mitti and gram flour with rose water weekly twice or thrice to remove exces oil.
- Tea tree-based products such as toner, face wash, and moisturizers can be used.
- Wash face with neem leaves and turmeric soaked water to kill bacteria and to prevent spreading.
Mistakes that people make :
- Don`t skip moisturizer with the view of dull skin. Hydrated skin is completely different from oil/non-oily skin. A non-comedogenic moisturizer should be used to hydrate your skin.
- Use the Double cleanse method to remove makeup from the face. Use oil-based cleanser followed by face wash or soap-based cleanser for better cleansing.
Bacterial acne is caused by several reasons. Mainly due to poor hygiene habits. Bacterial acne is similar to the previous one. People who suffer from such acne should avoid using a handkerchief and regularly change pillow covers and face towels. Prickling or squeezing should be avoided as they can damage the skin cells and cause a scar.
Treat with :
- Use cinnamon powder and honey mixture as a spot treatment for pimple. This can cause mild irritation on the pimple so sensitive people can avoid this.
- Use Salicylic acid-based facial cleansers to avoid the spreading of bacterial based acnes.
3. Fungal acne :
Fungal acne is different from other acne types. They generally appear on the forehead and cheeks. They appear on a larger count and will be in a uniform size. Normal acne treatments cannot be beneficial for this acne.
- Use green Tea toners to prevent fungal acne.
- Cinnamon infused honey can be used for these fungal type acne. Infuse Ceylon cinnamon and few strands of saffron with raw honey at least for a week. Apply a few drops of this honey on the face and kept for 15 minutes. Then wash with warm water.
- Give a nice massage with neem oil for face concentrating affected area at night and wash with water in the morning.
Hormone based acne is caused by both the gender in their teen ages. It is caused mainly due to the hormonal fluctuations in the body. This acne occurs generally on cheeks, jawlines and on the forehead. Generally leaves scar when heals. Consistent acne treatment is required to solve such acnes. Visiting a good dermatologist is necessary in its worse case. But few home remedies can also be tried without side effects.
- Lubricate the navel button with neem oil once a week to keep fungal acne away from the face.
- Spot treatment with tea tree oil can be beneficial.
- Use apple cider vinegar-based toner to kill acne-causing bacteria and keep the skin hydrated.
- Aloe vera is a very good moisturizing agent for hormonal acne. It has good anti-bacterial properties that control the spreading of acne and help to heal them. Apply natural aloe vera gel on the clean face every night before sleeping to heal hormonal acne.
5. Dead skin cells:
Dirt and dust that accumulate on the small pores can cause small white-colored and clack colored acne called whiteheads and blackheads respectively. It is important to remove makeup with a double cleansing method. Even a face talcum powder can clog the pores and cause whiteheads.
- Coconut oil can be used as an oil-based cleanser to remove dirt and residue that are left behind on the pores. Use coconut a few drops of coconut oil to massage and wash it with good facial cleanser.
- Use scrubs to remove whiteheads and blackheads on the face. Scrubs should be used once in three days if we have oily skin and weekly once scrubbing is more than enough for dry skin.
- Use removal tools to remove whiteheads and blackheads. But make sure to use them properly after a good practice. Otherwise can harm the skin surface which can lead to a scar.
Do`s when you have Acne:
- Try to consult a good dermatologist if we stubborn acne for a longer time.
- Try to use disposal tissue while having acne.
- Change face towels and pillow cover often.
- Sanitize your mobile phones (both cases and screen) regularly.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses of water per day).
- Include a good amount of antioxidants and fiber-rich food in your diet.
- Use tea tree-based toners to treat acne
Dont`s when you have Acne:
- Avoid heavy oiling on hair when you have acne on the face.
- Do not share kerchief, soaps and face towels with anyone.
- Avoid oil-based skincare and makeup products.
- Do not wait for more time after cleansing your face.
- Avoid oil-based food, deep-fried and junk food.
- Do not try to squeeze and prickle acne with nails.
- Cut off white sugar and salt from your diet.
- Do not skip moisturizer for dry skin.